How to Install Skype 8.13 on CentOS, RHEL and Fedora

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. Nick King says:

Thanks – worked well :-)

2. Pedro says:

Thanks !!!!

3. ahmedsadik says:

I have completed all the above step executed successfully but at-last when i execute skype command to run it.. i m getting error that is:-
    /usr/bin/skype: line 4: 2265 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $SKYPE_HOME/skype –resources=$SKYPE_HOME $*

4. win says:

Thanks for sharing great tutorial. I was able to setup by following this tutorial on RHEL 6.3.

5. D McKillop says:

Thanks – this is exactly what i needed

6. James Jithin says:

Great simple steps. Got it working on my CentOS6.3 64 bit

7. Lgonzo99 says:

Great! Thank you. I am also running CentOS 6.3 64-bit on another machine and I’d like to install Skype there too. Do you have instructions for 64-bit version of CentOS? Thanks again!

• Lgonzo99 says:

After my posting my question on this forum, I was able to get Skype to work on my CentOS 6.3 64-bit version using this link http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype

I had already done all the steps described on this post, but it looks like I had to also install the 32-bit libv4l package by running this command (as described on the link I posted above): [[email protected]]# yum install libv4l.i686

Even though I had already done all the steps on this forum, I also followed all the steps on the link I posted above. I don’t think that’s necessary but that’s just what I did (yes I’m a n00b). I think you can just get away with installing the libv4l.i686 package as described above.

Good luck!! :)

8. ramsur tarun says:

nice 1 g8!!
    how to install utorrent on centos 6.3 64 bit?? plz help

@ramsur tarun

Yes! we will provide you a step-by-step guide on how to install utorrent on CentOS/RHEL versions in our upcoming article. stay tuned and don’t forget to subscribe to our updates via email.

9. Coolman says: