Ubuntu 13.04 non LTS “Raring Ringtail” Server was released on 25 April 2013. This guide shows installation of recently released Ubuntu 13.04 Server with screenshots.
This release includes latest and greatest packages, some of them are
- OpenStack Grizzly
- Pythan Juju 0.7
- Ceph 0.56.4
- MAAS 1.3
- TMongoDB 2.2.4
- OpenvSwitch 1.9.0
Download Ubuntu 13.04 Server Edition
You may visit the following links to download Ubuntu Server 13.04 install images for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
User’s who looking for Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop installation guide, please check out the following article.
Let’s start the installation of Ubuntu 13.04 Server “Raring Ringtail“. Please note Ubuntu Server does not include a graphical installation program.
1. Boot Computer with Ubuntu 13.04 Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. Installation Options.
3. Language Selection.
4. Select your location.
5. Keyboard detection and layout selection.
6. Select country of origin for keyboard.
7. Keyboard configuration continues….
8. Enter Host Name.
9. Creation of non-administrative user.
10. Create userid & password for non-administrative user.
11. Create a password for non-administrative user.
12. Re-enter a password to verify.
13. User’s home directory encryption.
14. Time zone configuration which detects automatically.
15. Disk Partitions.
16. Disk Partitions continues…
17. Partitions formatting.
18. HTTP Proxy information.
19. Application updates management.
20. Choose software to install.
21.GRUB Boot loader installation.
22. Installation Started… It may take several minutes !!! Installation Finished, eject CD/DVD and reboot system.
After the reboot, login with username and password created during installation.
Please visit Ubuntu wiki page for release notes.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.