Install Ajenti (A Web Based Control Panel) for Managing Linux Server

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. First off, thanks for the awesome posts! I read your other post where you talked about Ajenti, so I am trying it out. I wanted to add that with CentOS 6.5, I had to add my iptables rules up toward the top of the config file, not at the bottom. When I had them at the bottom, it was still blocking the port for some reason. I assume that one of the above rules is set to block all unconfigured traffic, but I am still fairly new at Linux firewall rules in general. Anyway, thanks for the great info! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Sean

2. Can I install ajenti-v on Centos 6 ?

3. On ‘yum install ajenti’ under Fedora 17 I am getting this error:

http://repo.ajenti.org/ng/centos/17/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#22 – “The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found”

Please help.
    /shawn

4. Stu R says:

I have just initiated a new server – Ubuntu 12.04/Nginx 1.4.5 to test Ajenti on. I don’t understand probably the most fundamental part of how to make the vhosts work. The developer Eugene posts this – http://support.ajenti.org/topic/349870-ajenti-behind-nginx/

I’m used to having a vhost like /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/domain.com…. with the files in /home/user/public_html/domain.com/public/

So basically I don’t get how domain.com fetches the /ajenti files without some modification to his example.

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

thx
    stu

5. Nadjib says:

Hi, thank you for all your tutorials, i have a question; i can’t access to login screen , i did all the insctruction about the 8000 port.

Thanks

6. Ankit says:

How do I access the webmail ?

• Jenz says:

I think it’s the next option that will be added from @Ajenti Team, i agree that’s a little bit late to think about it or sad to forget about it.
      But i’m just like you waiting for the Webmail Management.

Cheers
      Jenz

7. Leewong says:

Yep, I’m getting the same error as Kumar, above.

[[email protected] ~]# service iptables restart
    iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 1 failed
    [FAILED]

vi edit the iptables fails…

Centos x64 6.4 – Digital Ocean.

You can manually add at command line…
    But you still can’t access ip and port in the browser.

To fix such error, you need to replace your iptables rules with below lines.

# Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall
      # Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
      *filter
      :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
      :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
      :OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
      -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
      -A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
      -A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
      COMMIT

And restart iptables again….

8. Hi
    I tried to follow your commands but having these problem using cent os 6 32 bit

== After adding those two lines when i restart iptables i get error on line 1 .

I am newbie in servers any help would be appreciated

9. Pedro says:

Get this error, cant install Ajenti in Ubuntu 12.04

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    ajenti : Depends: python-requests (>= 0.12.0) but 0.8.2-1 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

10. D says:

I cant login ajenti when i tried to login from another laptop .now the login is blocked !!! how to solve this or uninstall agenti !!

Have you opened port on the Firewall? what kind of blocking error you getting?. Use “yum remove ajenti” to un-install.