Installing and Configuring Zabbix 2.4.5 on Debian 8 and RHEL/CentOS 7

Page 1 of 3123

3. Use our Hosting referral link if you planning to start your blog ($3.82/month).
  4. Support us via PayPal donate - Make a Donation

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Jorge says:

Hy, guys.
    I have the same problem, Zabbix server is running No localhost, in debian. After review again the tutorial i realize that when i edit the configuration file line “DBSocket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock” i keep the default “mysql.sock” in the end. After edit to “mysqld.sock” it works.

Txs for the tutorial.

2. mudit says:

I am unable to locate file :: /usr/local/etc/zabbix_server.conf

3. mudit says:

When I am running command:::

# make
    # make install

I am getting out :::

[root@network1 zabbix-2.4.5]# make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    [root@network1 zabbix-2.4.5]#
    [root@network1 zabbix-2.4.5]# make install
    make: *** No rule to make target `install’. Stop.
    [root@network1 zabbix-2.4.5]#

• Matei Cezar says:

Check if you installed gcc compiler. Also check if you switched to other directory than sources dir.

• mudit says:

While I am running Command :: make install

my output is different from your output . Please help me .

See::

[root@network1 zabbix-2.4.5]# make install
        Making install in src
        make[1]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        make[2]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        make[3]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am’.
        make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am’.
        make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/src’
        Making install in database
        make[1]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/database’
        make[2]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/database’
        make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am’.
        make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am’.
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/database’
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/database’
        Making install in man
        make[1]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/man’
        make[2]: Entering directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/man’
        make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am’.
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/man’
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/zabbix-2.4.5/man’

4. James Otto says:

When I run the command
    $ mysql_secure_installation

I am prompted to “Enter the current password for root” . Since one has not been setup yet, I just press enter. I get the following error

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

Any thoughts?

5. Andreus says:

Thank you for tutorial work here.
    congratulations.

6. bonar says:

hai i got the message “Zabbix server is not running, how can i solve this?

port 10050 and 10051 open

• Matei Cezar says:

Did you used service command to get the output of zabbix daemon? Because zabbix is installed from sources, it can only be started, in this case, with /usr/local/sbin/zabbix_server command. If you run service command against zabbix you won’t get any output, right?
      Confirm zabbix is listening on specific ports with netstat command!

7. Juan says:

Hi, i did all, and i got the message “Zabbix server is not running, how can i solve this?

• Matei Cezar says:

Run the script /usr/local/sbin/zabbix_server to start Zabbix server. Then run netstat -tlpn to confirm if zabbix service is listening on the default ports.

8. Raqeeb says:

I want to install Zabbix agent without opening the port 10050.Is it possible to install if it so please help me to install the zabbix agent.And also please give me a tutorials on this

• Matei Cezar says:

If you don’t open the port 10050 how do you expect zabbix agent to communicate with the server. Is there a reason why you don’t want to add this firewall rule? In case you want to change agent port number replace ListenPort zabbix_agentd directive accordingly.

9. raj says:

Hi, I am newbie to zabbix and have some clarification on how to restart the zabbix-server agent?

10. KiRill says:

Hi again. It seems to be I’m unable to
    zabbix_server start/stop/restart It just does not affect zabbix service.