Install Cacti (Network Monitoring) on RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x and Fedora 24-12

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. Abbas says:

Well, I did not notice the default ones
    Thanks man :)
    I have logged in

2. Abbas says:

Ravi,its done,
    I was using localhost/cacti so I changed to use my-local-IP/cacti and edited my proxy settings

1 more question for now
    which username and password I must use

3. Abbas says:

I have tried that this moment, but still the same error
    is there any service that should be restarted upon this config ?

4. Abbas says:

Hey , Really great instruction installing cacti.However I am facing a little problem.
    When I reach to the point of Running cacti installer set up I get the following error:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /cacti on this server.
    Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at localhost Port 80

P.S : I am new at unix

@Abbas,

Did you added Allow from 127.0.0.1 in /etc/httpd/conf.d/cacti.conf file to allow access to localhost?

Alias /cacti /usr/share/cacti
      <Directory /usr/share/cacti/>

Order Deny,Allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from PC_IP_Address
      </Directory>

After that, restart httpd service. It will fix the problem.

service httpd start

5. robert says:

Can anyone help me in setting up a cacti for monitor only my network devices. Please if any one could be me with the commands and the interface also. Console screen

6. Ehsan says:

Thank you Very much . I have configured Cacti with out any error.

7. Venkat says:

I have installed cacti in CentOS. Currently, the installation was successful, but it is not allowing me to go to the next screen after login. After I give admin/admin, the page is getting refreshed and its not moving to the next screen, where we can see the “force password change” page. Please help in giving some solution to it.

8. g3 says:

Great Instructions!!!! Do you have anyting on adding plugins like routerconfigs or realtime

9. jon says:

thanks for the tutorial bro ; )

10. Before step “Running Cacti Installer Setup” you need to open for HTTP in IPTABLES firewall….

nano /etc/sysconfig/iptables