How to Install Samba4 on CentOS 7 for File Sharing on Windows

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Aaron Kili

Aaron Kili is a Linux and F.O.S.S enthusiast, an upcoming Linux SysAdmin, web developer, and currently a content creator for TecMint who loves working with computers and strongly believes in sharing knowledge.

1. david says:

by following this tutotial, It asks for password in Anonymous connection
    I added in smb.conf guest only= yes and guest account = nobody and then it’s ok

But i can create files and folders in the share and they are read-only after creation.

2. Gustavo Cerati says:

Running CentOS 7 and Windows 7 Professional. I followed every step listed and I’m prompted for username and password

3. Aravind says:

I have installed CentOS 7, and i done the same thing as what you done in this but secure samba is not working…

its told login failure: unknown username and bad password

4. Bhuepnder says:

On Server using SAMBA and the same directory is shared on client machine via NFS, from there not able to move the images, getting error operation not permitted even tried to do it from root user.

permission is showing nobody.

5. AhmedEagle says:

Great Tutorial many thanks for your efforts.

6. David says:

My brand new plain vanilla install of Clearos 7 in step 5 when running the “chcon” command I produces the following message:- “Cannot apply partial context to unlabelled file”.
    What am I doing wrong. I am a novice wrt Linux

7. Luthfi says:

in no.9 when going into the network, I can not open “centos” there is a problem “the network path was not found”

8. julian vargas says:

For some reason, I could not access Anonymous Folder on step No. 10. After completing the rest of the tutorial, I was able to access Anonymous Folder, Secure Folder without entering any password, and I had an extra user Folder but i could not access this one even though I enter the correct user name and password.

Thanks for all the info you share.

• Aaron Kili says:

@julian

There is probably an issue with your configuration; check whether you have used the security = user variable for User-level security. And also create a samba group and add the samba users in it.

If it is something else then try to troubleshoot. Many thanks for the feedback.