How to Install WordPress 4.9 On Ubuntu 16.10/16.04 Using LAMP Stack

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Aaron Kili

Aaron Kili is a Linux and F.O.S.S enthusiast, an upcoming Linux SysAdmin, web developer, and currently a content creator for TecMint who loves working with computers and strongly believes in sharing knowledge.

1. Frank says:

Very helpful, many thanks…

2. Felipe Cabral says:

Nice post. It was so helpful to me. Thanks so much for shared your knowledge

3. Tom M says:

So I followed the instructions and when I try to go to localhost I get a blank page. But the source for the page is as follows.

<?php
    /**
    * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
    * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
    * @package WordPress
    /**
    * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
    * @var bool
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);
    /** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
    require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/wp-blog-header.php' );

What did I do wrong?

4. Ravi Kumar says:

I’m new to the Linux OS and able to install my first php library i.e wordpress by myself. super easy to use instruction. Please keep up the good work.

Many Thanks

• Aaron Kili says:

@Ravi

Welcome, thanks for the kind words of appreciation. We always intend to offer simple, easy-to-follow and useful instructions in out guides, for Linux users with a special consideration for newbies.

5. srk says:

very good explaination

6. Tech4Eleven.com says:

Nice! thank you. just got WordPress installed on my new Mint server in Virtual Box on my MacBook pro

7. Matt says:

Hello, thank you for this guide. Is this a good guide for a production server facing the internet? Are there any other steps that need to be taken in order to properly configure a production web server? Additional security, etc…

8. juanita says:

hi, how can add my domain on this server? i just install and the address is my ip address?