Install Zentyal as PDC (Primary Domain Controller) and Integrate Windows System – Part 1

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. zeco says:

Hi Matei,

Is it possible to redirect Roaming Profile to other folder share,for example to Folder Users,and folder Users is Group folders for all users.

2. Francesco says:

I am following this guide as is and all work fine but at the end I have problem.

I have a computer with Windows 8, I have entered in the domain and windows gave me confirmation message asking me to restart. After rebooting, trying to enter the domain\username and password gives me the error like this (I try to translate it in English) “no access server available to access”. As if he could not reach the domain. Yet the computer table.

Can you help me?

3. matei Cezar says:

@SHAIK CHANDBASHA: If you want to use CentOS && Fedora as Domain Controllers for Zentyal PDC you have to install Samba4 on both and join them as Active Directory Domain Controllers, wait for replication to finish, then you have to move on on a Windows machine with RSAT installed and promote both Samba AD DCs as PDCs, but that’s a lot of work in CentOS and Fedora! In my opinion the simpler way is to install another machine with the same version of Zentyal and setup as a BDC, then just move to Windows RSAT and promote Zentyal BDC as PDC!

4. SHAIK CHANDBASHA says:

Can you please tell me by using this Zentyal server how to connect centos and fedora as a domain controller …..Please

5. SHAIK CHANDBASHA says:

Thanku sooo much buddy this is help you soo much…………….Thanku soo much again….:)

6. DeDust says:

Sir,

This is an awesome tutorial, thanks for sharing this article. Great job. :-)

7. Matei Cezar says:

Ok then….maybe there is an big gap between time on client and server. Domain controllers are very sensible to time issues so I suggest that you synchronize time on clients to match PDC time.

8. cfajar says:

Hi Matei Cezar, nice post you have.
    I have same issue like Arsalan Memon and as your suggest (set dns and enter correct credential) i have checked but still not working if I logon domain zentyal via windows xp / 7. Have you get same experience ? thank you

9. Matei Cezar says:

@Arsalan Memon: make sure that XP DNS points to Zentyal PDC IP Address and you enter the correct credentials for Zentyal PDC Administrator account.

10. Arsalan Memon says:

I want to add a computer with windows xp sp3 but there is error “unknown user name or bad password”. but it is being accessed in run \\server-ip and allowing read and right in a public share. please reply