BEGINNER’S GUIDE FOR LINUX – Start Learning Linux in Minutes

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. Geo says:

Ravi…

THANK YOU!!! So much for this wealth of information, all your knowledge, research and time spent building this site.

But most of all having the generosity to share all this knowledge, resources and the tools you offer new guys like me.

Especially the cheat sheets and tricks that helps make it quicker and easier to get started right away for newbies like me .

This site is awesome!!! And so are you man! Thanks a million!

2. Simon says:

Congratulation Ravi, You have a huge of information to learn everything about Linux. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

3. Bhavik raval says:

Hi Ravi Sir,

Do you have any new information in Linux? please give me some help.

@Bhavik,

What new information on Linux? what do you mean? this guide has everything from beginning to expert, just go through it learn step-by-step sections as explained here..

4. rookielearner says:

I hope that all contents from those tutorials are available on pdf. so I can read it later offline.

5. Fadhiel says:

What kind of Linux you suggest for who wanna start using Linux firstly? For personal using

@Fadhiel,

Go for Fedora or Linux Mint, these two distributions are good for newbies who want to make mark in Linux world..

6. Robert says:

As much as I’d love to be able to download your free tutorials; if they’re anything like the online tutorials I’m sure they’d be very instructive. But inasmuch as I am not prepared to provide the (surprisingly) large amount of personal data in order to download them, I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with your newsletter and web articles.

I am quite concerned that you would require so much user information in order to download something you claim is free. I suggest to you that it is not; that the cost is being willing to relinquish personal details as the price.

Sorry if that’s negative, I’m still looking forward to reading more of your online articles and newsletter. The download requirements just close the door for me as an option that’s all.

@Robert,

I really understand your concerns about giving away personal information, but trust us your personal information won’t be shared with anyone, they are just used to send newsletters and offers on weekly basis.

7. Jay says:

Awesome Website that covers almost anything on Linux. As a beginner in Linux, I benefited from this site. Thank you so much!!!

8. Max says:

Do you guys have “BEGINNER’S GUIDE FOR LINUX – Start Learning Linux in Minutes” in a pdf form, it has been very helpful in helping me to understand Linux better. Please let me know if you have it in pdf

9. A Ross says:

Whilst this may be a great beginners guide for someone who is looking to use Linux for a career as a sysadmin or similar, it’s not ideal for those just wanting to use Linux on their desktop computer.

• dragonmouth says:

@A Ross:
      If all you want to do is run Linux programs on your desktop PC, do a default install of Mint, Zorin or Ubuntu and start using the applications provided. However, let me ask you a couple of questions – What are you going to do when you run into problems? Who is going to administer your computer then? Are you going to go to a repair shop? Chances are all most repair shop know is Windows.

Nobody says you must learn everything before you can use Linux. This is a comprehensive A-Z guide for all readers of Tecmint; for those that, like you, just want to use Linux and for those that will make a career of it. Think of this guide as an encyclopedia. Would you throw out the entire Britannica just because most of it is not relevant to your needs? Just like with an encyclopedia, take what you need/want and disregard the rest.

10. shekhu says:

Hi Ravi Saive,

this commands are enough to do RHCE certification ?
    do you have video lecture to learn linux?